The new Heritage Online has all the same features you’re used to but includes a brand new look, some minor functionality upgrades and behind-the-scenes security enhancements. We’ve also re-designed Heritage Online for improved compatibility with mobile devices, so you’ll be able to access the full version of internet banking easily when you’re on the go.
We’ve listened to your feedback and included a few changes to make your Heritage Online experience a little smoother.
- New mobile banking interface specifically designed for smartphones/tablets. This means you can use your mobile phone or tablet to login to the full version of Heritage Online, so you can access features not currently available through the Heritage app such as adding new payees.
- Pending Visa transactions will now be viewed in the transaction listing page for the relevant account (previously these were found in the ‘Visa Authorisations’ section)
- Transfers has changed by combining into the one page ‘Transfers between Heritage Accounts’ and ‘Inter-bank Transfers’
- Business Banking upload batch process is now easier:
- You no longer have to install a security policy to upload a batch
- Any computer/device with a modern browser can be used to upload batches
- You can now see the full details of your previously upload/processed batches in the Batch History section
The new version of internet banking provides security enhancements including the ability to create longer passwords. It is also designed to be compatible with the latest versions of web browsers, which offer greater security over older browsers.
Benefits of using newer browsers:
- Security: Newer browsers fix security problems that can exist in older browsers and can include additional security features to keep you safer while online
- Compatibility: Websites using new technologies will act and display correctly
- Speed: Every new browser generation has improved speed and page load times
- User Experience: All of the new browsers have nifty features and add-ons to offer a greater, more personalised experience
Do I need to upgrade my browser to use the new Heritage Online?
We have checked to ensure that the browsers most Heritage customers use are compatible with the new Heritage Online. However, if you are using an outdated browser such as Internet Explorer 9 and 10 or early versions of Firefox or Chrome then you may need to upgrade to a new version before using the new internet banking.
Upgrading your browser is highly recommended ,not only so that you can use the new version of Heritage Online. Newer browsers are often safer and offer security features, such as warning you before you visit websites that have been reported as malicious. This means that your online information - including your internet banking details - is safer when using an up-to-date browser.
View the minimum system requirements for the new Heritage Online here.