Before making a purchase using your digital wallet you will need to follow a few simple steps to enrol in Google Pay* and add your existing Visa credit or debit cards.
1. Download the Google Pay App from the Google Play Store on your compatible Android device, if it isn’t already available on your smartphone
2. Open the Google Pay App - Tap ‘+’ to add all your eligible Heritage Visa cards
3. Use the camera to capture your card information or enter it yourself
4. Accept the Terms & Conditions
5. Verify your Google Pay registration by entering the One Time Password (OTP) we sent to your registered phone via SMS (ensure your mobile phone number is up-to-date)
6. You’re all set to make contactless purchases using your digital wallet – just make sure your device is unlocked when you hold it up to pay
7. Visit the Google Pay website for more information
In Stores - Pay contactless with your Android Phone
Google Pay works anywhere contactless payments are accepted. Just wake your Android phone and hold it near the terminal until you see a check mark. You don't even need to open the App.
In Apps and on the web - Pay as quick as you click
Use Google Pay to check out even faster. Once you've added a card, you won't need to enter your payment info again. Just confirm your purchase and you're all set.
Use Google Pay wherever you see these symbols
To make a purchase in-store, you need to have the NFC settings turned on in your device settings.
Then open the Google Pay App and ensure your device screen is active. Purchases cannot be processed if the screen is inactive or locked.
When you hold your device in front of a contactless reader, the token stored in the digital wallet will be transmitted directly to that contactless reader.