How do I set up Google Pay?
Before making a purchase using your digital wallet you will need to follow a few simple steps to enrol in Google Pay* and add your existing Visa credit or debit cards.
1. Download the Google Pay App from the Google Play Store on your compatible Android device, if it isn’t already available on your smartphone
2. Open the Google Pay App - Tap ‘+’ to add all your eligible Heritage Visa cards
3. Use the camera to capture your card information or enter it yourself
4. Accept the Terms & Conditions
5. Verify your Google Pay registration by entering the One Time Password (OTP) we sent to your registered phone via SMS (ensure your mobile phone number is up-to-date)
6. You’re all set to make contactless purchases using your digital wallet – just make sure your device is unlocked when you hold it up to pay
7. Visit the Google Pay website for more information
Where and how can I use Google Pay – in-store or online?
In Stores - Pay contactless with your Android Phone
Google Pay works anywhere contactless payments are accepted. Just wake your Android phone and hold it near the terminal until you see a check mark. You don't even need to open the App.
In Apps and on the web - Pay as quick as you click
Use Google Pay to check out even faster. Once you've added a card, you won't need to enter your payment info again. Just confirm your purchase and you're all set.
Use Google Pay wherever you see these symbols
Does Google Pay use my actual card details?
Can I remove a card from my wallet?
Will I continue to earn loyalty or rewards benefits from my credit and debit card(s)?
Are my purchases protected under zero liability?
Where can I get help with Google Pay App?
My Google Pay isn’t working.
To make a purchase in-store, you need to have the NFC settings turned on in your device settings.
Then open the Google Pay App and ensure your device screen is active. Purchases cannot be processed if the screen is inactive or locked.
When you hold your device in front of a contactless reader, the token stored in the digital wallet will be transmitted directly to that contactless reader.
Is Google Pay secure?
Are my credit and debit card numbers passed to the merchant when I shop in-stores?
What information is stored about my purchases?
What if my device is lost or stolen?
Is there any verification required to make a purchase?
What if my physical Visa card is lost or stolen?
Are digital wallet services available internationally?
What should I do when I receive a new or a replacement card?
What if I suspect fraudulent transactions?
Am I liable for fraudulent transactions?
If I sell or give my device to someone else, what will happen to the digital wallet information in the device?
If I lose my device and if someone starts using it to make purchases, am I liable for those purchases?
What will purchases look like on my statement?
What payment information will be on my receipt?