Frequently Asked Questions

How is my card helping the environment?

Heritage Bank’s new Eco Visa Debit Card launched on 19 December 2022. Our eco-friendly Visa Credit Cards launched on 1 March 2023.

Our new eco cards are free from petrol-based plastics. This will help us reduce the amount of plastic we produce and help the environment. 

These new cards are made from PLA (Polylactic Acid) -  a plant-based material - or ‘bioplastic’. It is made of 90% PLA, with the remaining 10% consisting of the chip and magnetic strip. These cards are as strong and durable as polyvinyl chloride (PVC) cards but are far less harmful to the environment as they degrade a lot faster than any other petroleum-based plastics.

Read this article to learn more - Get to know our eco-friendly Visa Debit Card.

More help

Scam alerts
Scam alerts & fraud protection
Fight scammers with our help. Learn how we protect you from fraud and become savvy at identifying scams with our help guides and security tips.
Contact us 24/7
Our local Australian contact centre is waiting for you. Call 13 14 22 or if overseas, call +617 4694 9000.