New Heritage app feature lets people temporarily lock card transactions
Have you ever lost a credit or EFTPOS card, and had to go through the ordeal of cancelling it, only for the card to then turn up?
Heritage Bank’s mobile banking app now offers a new feature that helps avoid that problem by allowing you to temporarily lock your card.
That means if you misplace your card, you don’t have to cancel it immediately. You can simply lose the app to lock out transactions, and search for your card with the peace of mind that it can’t be used for any unauthorized transactions.
When the card turns up and and the lock is no longer needed, it can easily be turned off on the app.
That’s just one of a number of card management features Heritage has added to its app, giving customers even greater power to manage their banking on the go.
From today, Heritage customers can use the app to view all active cards associated with their membership and access handy features including:
- report a card as lost or stolen
- activate a new card
- order a replacement card, and;
- place temporary locks on their card.
- Allow, disable or block card transactions
Heritage Bank CEO Peter Lock said, “This new feature gives customers more options to manage their cards from the convenience of their mobile device at a time that suits them.
“We’re always looking to make it easier for customers to do business with us so this is another step in the right direction.”
There are three transaction lock* options including:
- 'All Card Payments' lock – prevents any transactions being made on the card until the lock is turned off.
- 'Online Payments' lock type - prevents any internet transactions being made on the card until the lock is turned off.
- 'International In-Store Payments' lock - prevents all transactions being made on the card from any overseas card-in-hand purchases, like buying goods over the counter.
To use the Heritage Mobile Banking app, users need to ensure their devices are operating on Apple iOS version 6 or above, or Android 2.3 or above. To update or download the iTunes App Store or Google Play and search for “Heritage Bank Mobile Banking”. Visit http://www.heritage.com.au/Mobile for more information about the app and its features.
*Does not affect existing recurring payments, pending transactions and additional cardholders.