We’ll be able to help you with most enquiries, such as:
- Transactions you don’t recognise (unauthorised transactions)
- Transactions where you have signed up to a free trial, and inadvertently subscribed to a recurring service
- Goods and services that were not received
- Goods which aren't as described, or are defective or counterfeit
- Duplicated transactions
- Transactions where the payment amount differs
- Refunds that have been promised but not received
Please note, a transaction can only be disputed once the store/merchant has processed it in full.
Also please note that Visa has rules in place about the time frame for disputing transactions. If it has been more than 120 days since the transaction was processed, Heritage may not be able to assist.
How to do I lodge a dispute?
It’s very important that you contact us as soon as you can.
Please complete the Disputed Transactions form in full and return to us by fax, email or post, or to your nearest Heritage Branch.
If you are unsure of what information you need to provide, please contact us on 13 14 22.
If you do suspect an unauthorised transaction on your card, you MUST cancel your card immediately. This will stop any further use of the card.
For disputes relating to unauthorised transactions, we may request a Police Report from you. We will also need to know the location of the card at the time of the transaction occurring (for example, was the card in your wallet, lost, stolen or left at a friend’s house?).
What happens after I submit a dispute?
We will acknowledge receipt of your dispute in writing;
We may need to contact you if we need additional information to support the dispute, such as:
- A description of the goods and services ordered;
- Details of why you are disputing the transaction;
- Details of when you expected to receive the goods or services and how they were to be delivered;
- Details of when you cancelled, or last tried to resolve the dispute with the store/merchant (including when, how, and the outcome); and
- Details of when and how you returned the merchandise (if applicable)
In some instances, we may process a temporary credit to your account while we investigate. We will act as a liaison between you and the store/merchant’s financial institution;
If we receive merchant documentation, we will contact you to verify, accept or dispute the transaction further.
What happens if I report an ATM dispute?
- Once we receive your dispute form, we’ll start an investigation
- If the transaction was done using your Heritage card at another bank’s ATM, we’ll contact the other bank for details. In these cases, we need to wait for the other bank to confirm the results of the investigation before we’re able to advise you of the result. If Heritage is unable to intervene on your behalf, we will advise you in writing.
- If the transaction was at a Heritage ATM using another bank’s card, then you’ll need to contact that other bank to resolve the issue.
How long will it take to resolve my dispute?
Most Visa disputes are resolved within 60-90 days from the date we receive your dispute.
For all other disputes, Heritage will aim to investigate and finalise your dispute within 21 days.
Occasionally, disputes may take longer to resolve. In this case, we will keep you up to date during the process and contact you in writing if we need more time.
NOTE: In some instances, we may process a temporary credit to your account while we investigate. If dispute is not found in your favor, we will reverse that credit at the conclusion of the investigation.
Can I cancel a dispute?
Yes. You can cancel your dispute at any time by contacting our Contact Centre on 13 14 22.
What can I do if I am unsatisfied with the outcome of the investigation?
If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can take the following steps.
1. Contact our Customer Relations Manager at email@example.com or on (07) 4694 9130 who will work closely with you to address your concern quickly and amicably. We will update you regularly until the matter is resolved.
2. If you are still not satisfied, you may raise your concerns with the Financial Ombudsman Service Ltd (FOS) on 1800 367 287 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that before the Financial Ombudsman can investigate your complaint, they generally require you to have first provided Heritage with the opportunity to address the complaint.
All Heritage disputes using a card and PIN are governed under the ePayments Code of Conduct outlined in the Guide to Heritage Deposit Products.