Heritage Bank wins Employer of Choice at 2016 Australian Business Awards
12 August 2016
Heritage has continued its award-winning streak after being announced as a winner for Employer of Choice at the 2016 Australian Business Awards.
This is the sixth year in a row that Heritage Bank has won the award.
Bob Hogarth, Heritage Bank General Manager People and Culture, attributed Heritage’s success to the bank’s People first philosophy.
“The ‘People first’ branding and ethos resonates with our staff, customers and communities because we are genuinely committed to this ideal,” said Mr Hogarth.
“Aside from being heavily involved in the community, Heritages focuses on implementing initiatives that recognise the efforts of our staff and celebrates their achievements. For instance, we recently introduced a new employee recognition program called Heritage Heroes that allows staff to send instant peer recognition via eCards, or nominate colleagues for special awards based on Heritage’s values.
“Staff can also access a range of other initiatives such as Heritage-University of Southern Queensland (USQ) Pathways Program, career breaks, mentoring program and health and wellbeing program.”
Mr Hogarth said Heritage had gained a solid reputation as an employer of choice in the finance industry and beyond.
“We’re very fortunate to have a great network of staff working together to create a supportive and positive working environment,” Mr Hogarth said.
“Staff feel encouraged to share their feedback about processes, employee benefits and professional development which further strengthens our organisational culture.”
Heritage’s range of initiatives and benefits includes:
- Certificate IV and Diploma level qualifications through Heritage-USQ Pathways (as a Registered Training Organisation)
- Mentor programs including leadership breakfasts, Team Leader Summits, internal training
- Incentive Schemes
- Additional leave benefits such as Volunteers Leave, Grandparents Leave, Elder Care Leave, to allow staff to support their family and the community in which they live
- A large range of discounts on Heritage products and services for all staff members
- Access to a large range of Health and Wellbeing programs and discounts
- Community support activities like Triathlon Pink, Movember and Tour de Office.