Heritage Bank repeats success at Australian Business Awards
Heritage has continued to build on its award-winning culture after being announced as an ABA100 winner in two categories at the 2014 Australian Business Awards.
Heritage was selected as a 2014 ABA100 winner for Employer of Choice for the fourth year in a row and is an inaugural ABA100 winner for Human Resource Management.
Bob Hogarth, Heritage Bank General Manager People and Culture, said Heritage’s People first business philosophy meant happy customers and, happy staff.
“Initiatives and programs like Heritage-University of Southern Queensland (USQ) Pathways, the Mentoring Program and the Well-being Portal have contributed to the success of Heritage Bank’s culture, performance and reputation,” Mr Hogarth explained.
“Many of the programs in place have a quantifiable measure which gives us a great foundation to build on. For example, this year alone, Heritage staff have completed 7,090 eLearning courses, adding significantly to our capability to develop our staff and better service our customers.”
Mr Hogarth said recognition from the Awards pointed to what Heritage had accomplished as a company, rather than any one team or individual.
“We’re very fortunate to have a great network of staff working together to create a supportive and positive working environment,” Mr Hogarth said.
“From this, we’re able easily obtain staff feedback about processes, employee benefits and professional development for continuous improvement.”
Heritage’s range of initiatives and benefits include:
- Certificate IV and Diploma level qualifications through Heritage-USQ Pathways (as a Registered Training Organisation)
- Mentor programs including leadership breakfasts, Team Leader Summits, internal training
- Incentive Schemes
- The Step Forward Program - a development program provided for female employees
- Additional leave benefits such as Volunteers Leave, Grandparents Leave, Elder Care Leave, to allow staff to support their family and the community in which they live
- A large range of discounts on Heritage products and services for all staff members
- Access to a large range of Health and Well-being programs and discounts
- Community support activities like Relay for Life, Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea and QLD Half Marathon