Heritage Charity Golf Day donations top the $479,000 mark
Funds raised via the 2012 Heritage Bank Charity Golf Day have pushed total donations made via the event in its 15-year history past $479,000, CEO Mr John Minz said today.
Heritage Bank today (Tuesday, 26 February) presented a total of $46,000 in donations to eight local community organisations thanks to funds raised by the Charity Golf Day, which took place on 7 December last year at the City Golf Club.
That amount was the most ever raised in one year. The donations being made today are to the following groups:
- $11,860 to Assert Services Toowoomba, which provides support services to people with a disability and those in need. This will fund seating and sunsafe awnings around an historic tree at their offices.
- $10,000 for the BASE Youth Group in Toowoomba as a contribution toward the purchase of a 12-seater van.
- $9,800 to Life Education Australia to help with their aim of providing drug and alcohol education programs to all primary school children in the Toowoomba region.
- $5000 to the Leukaemia Foundation in Toowoomba to support patients and their families who are in financial distress as a result of their illness.
- $3,328 to the QCWA Goombungee to install a reverse cycle air-conditioning unit and insulation in the ceiling of their rest rooms, which are regularly used by women and children attending community child health services.
- $3000, to the Zonta Club of Toowoomba Area to support a special program that will take place locally which involves 16 days of awareness for the elimination of violence against women.
- $2500 to Student Care Welfare Queensland, for their Talking Through Toys Counselling program.
- $1180 to the QCWA Toowoomba to upgrade the roller door at their headquarters in Toowoomba, which has been continually damaged over the years.
Mr Minz said: "At Heritage, we're all about giving back to the community in as many ways as we can. Our sole reason for existing is to serve our customers and the communities they live in.
"The Heritage Charity Golf Day is now a tradition that has raised more than $479,000 over 15 years.
"Those funds have been injected directly into the coffers of a huge number of local organisations which do fantastic work in making our community richer and more resilient.
"The support of generous sponsors including Allianz Australia Limited, R&O Communication and ANZ Bank has built this event into a major fundraising day for local charities and community groups.
"Heritage takes great pride in our efforts to build and develop communities, and the golf day is a perfect example of how we continue to put People first in everything we do.
"I'm also extremely proud that the golf day is organised and run by volunteers from within our workforce, who freely give their time and effort to make this event such a success."
The 2013 Heritage Charity Golf Day is scheduled to take place again at the end of the year.