Customer Relations/Complaint Handling
Heritage is committed to ensuring that our products and service provide a meaningful benefit to our customers. We will listen to any feedback you have in relation to your experience with us, and we will try to resolve any complaint you may have. We would also welcome any compliments you may have in relation to the service you have received.
Internal Dispute Resolution Process
Step 1: You can contact us to discuss your feedback via the following methods:
- Visit or call your local branch
- Call our Contact Centre on 13 14 22
- Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Step 2: If you are not satisfied with the resolution offered to address your complaint, you should contact our Customer Relations Manager:
- Reply Paid 190, Toowoomba QLD 4350 (no stamp required if posted within Australia)
- Fax (07) 4694 9090
You will be contacted to acknowledge receipt of your complaint within five working days.
We will usually complete our investigation of your concerns within the following time frames:
- General complaints within 21 days
- More complex complaints within 45 days
- Complaints we are trying to resolve by exercising rights under the Visa rules within 60 days
If there are exceptional circumstances regarding the subject of the complaint we make take longer than 45 days. You will be notified if we require more than 45 days.
Should it take longer than 21 days to investigate your complaint, we will keep you informed about our progress.
External Dispute Resolution Process
You are also able to refer your complaint to the external dispute resolution scheme if:
- your complaint is eligible to be dealt with under that scheme; and
- your complaint has not been resolved to your satisfaction; or
- your complaint has not been resolved within 45 days.
Our external dispute resolution scheme is Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) and their contact details are as follows:
- Phone 1800 367 287 (1800 FOS AUS)
- Fax 03 9613 6399
- Post GPO Box 3, Melbourne VIC 3001
- Email email@example.com
- Website www.fos.org.au
Please note that the external scheme will refer your complaint back to Heritage if it has not first been investigated by Heritage.