Code Of Practice
Heritage has been putting People first for more than 140 years. As a commitment to our customers, Heritage has adopted the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice has been introduced by the Customer Owned Banking Association, the leading body for Australian mutual financial institutions including mutual banks, building societies, credit unions and friendly societies. The Code outlines 10 key promises to ensure Heritage continues to be fair and ethical when dealing with you.
How does it help our members?
The Code of Practice helps you easily understand Heritage's products and services. It will:
- Outline how you can expect Heritage to behave towards you as a customer
- Ensure all written materials are in plain English and that there are clear distinctions made between terms and conditions and promotional offers
- Ensure all payment fees and exception fees are fair to you
- Ensure you always have access to the right advice
What does Heritage promise?
Heritage is committed to the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice and its 10 key promises. These promises are:
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you
- We will focus on our customers
- We will give you clear information about products and services
- We will be responsible lenders
- We will deliver high customer service and standards
- We will deal fairly with any complaints
- We will recognise customers' rights as owners
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community
- We will support and promote the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
View the full version of the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice (639 kb)